Terry the Turtle
As today is #WorldTurtleDay I’ve come up with an easy and fun snack to make with or for children – Terry the Turtle! It’s a great way to get your little ones eating fruit and they are very easy for children to make themselves.
To Make Terry the Turtle
- 1 green apple
- 5 green grapes
- 2 blueberries
- Slice the apple one third from the base.
- Put the base of the apple on a plate and slice 4 grapes in half.
- Arrange the grapes on the apple to make the turtle’s flippers. I have secured them in place using cocktail sticks.
- Slice one third off the remaining grape and secure it in place for the head.
- Cut the blueberries in half and cut small circles for eyes. Secure in place with cocktail sticks.
Remember that grapes can be a choking hazard so if you are making this snack for young children, remember to cut the grapes lengthways before using or eating.