Quick Chicken Stir Fry
I have created this dish to support the Veg Power Stir Fry Frenzy campaign to show a quick, easy and affordable way of making a stir fry using lots of different veg. I have used veg that are currently in season and added broccoli for its texture, flavour and vibrant colour.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 350g skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 500g mixed vegetables such as mushrooms, Savoy cabbage, onions, broccoli or carrots, cut into batons or slices
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Mix the orange juice, soy sauce and cornflour together in a mug.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan on a high heat.
- Add the chicken and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the veg and stir fry for a further 4-5 minutes until the chicken is cooked. The veg may be bulky initially but it will soon reduce in size after cooking. The veg should still be crunchy when cooked.
- Give the orange juice, soy sauce and cornflour mixture a quick stir and add to the stir fry. Stir it thoroughly into the mixture. Serve with rice or noodles.