To support the #SeasonalVeg #LoveYourLeftovers campaign from Veg Power, I have created a traybake using loads of British seasonal veg with a link to Christmas to get you in the mood for the festive season.
You will need 2 handfuls of each type of veg.
- Butternut squash
- Seasonal winter squash
- Brussels sprouts
- 1 orange
- Olive oil
- Dried sage
- Black pepper
- Cut the veg into bite-sized pieces and place in an ovenproof tray.
- Make the orange pomander by cutting the orange in half lengthways and pushing the cloves into the orange skin to make a Christmas shape.
- Place the orange pomanders in the tray.
- Drizzle the veg lightly with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with dried sage and add black pepper.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes at 220°C or 200°C if you have a fan oven, until the veg is cooked. Cooking times will vary depending on which veg you use and how big you cut your veg pieces.