One of the best things, if not THE best thing about Pancake Day is getting to toss your pancakes in the air!
Life has been tough recently so I thought I would write about the best way to get the perfect flip to guarantee you the best pancake experience today
Once you’ve got your pancake batter all mixed up and ready to go, try my tips for the perfect flip:
1. Try to use a non-stick frying pan for best results. Any pan will do. Just remember to add enough oil to stop sticking.
2. Make sure the pan is hot enough. To check, once your oil has been heated, flick a drop of water in. If it sizzles and quickly evaporates, you have the perfect pancake heat.
3. Wait until the pancake edges go crispy and the mixture is bubbling before testing by using a fork to peel underneath. If it’s golden brown, you are good to go.
4. Now for the flip. It’s all about confidence. Once you think your pancake has cooked through, use a spatula to loosen it in the pan and shake it in the pan to be sure it can move freely.
5. Remove it from the heat, hold the pan handles with 2 hands, flip it upwards and forwards at the same time and catch your pancake.
6. Practice makes perfect but this is a wonderful activity for everyone to have some fun with.
Once you’ve made your pancakes, it’s time to enjoy them with the toppings of your choice. Sweet or savoury, fresh fruit, nuts, seeds, fruit compote, lemon and sugar, bacon, cheese plus many more.