These Fruit and Veg Easter Eggs are a great alternative to chocolate this Easter. They are also a great activity for children who can be as creative as they like. It’s a great way of using up any fruit or veg you have leftover or that needs using up. Try to also use fruit and veg which are in season.
Tortilla, rice cakes, bread, toast or muffins (You can use whatever you have at home)
Reduced-fat or full-fat cream cheese
Fruit or vegetables of your choice, sliced or chopped
- Cut an egg shape into paper or card of the size that you want your eggs to be.
- Place the egg template on top of your base and using a sharp knife, slice around the edge to create the egg shape. (I used tortillas). For younger children, you may be safer to do this part for them. Older children will be fine to use a sharp knife with care.
- Use any leftover tortilla or whatever base you are using by slicing thinly to create straw for the eggs to lie on.
- Spread a heaped teaspoon of cream cheese on to the top of your egg shape.
- Arrange the fruit or veg on top of your egg shape in your chosen pattern.
- Place on top of the straw.