This is a lovely recipe to make with children but it also makes a lovely centrepiece for a Christmas party.
- 1 whole cucumber
- 2 carrots
- 1 red pepper
- Peel the carrot and remove the top and tail.
- From the thicker end of the carrot, cut a base for your Christmas tree. Make as many trunks as you need.
- Cut a star from the pepper. I found this easier to do with a knife but if the pepper isn’t too thick, you could use a small star cutter.
- Using a small vegetable knife, cut thin strips lengthways from the cucumber. If you have a wide vegetable peeler, you could use this instead.
- Push a cocktail stick into the base of each of your carrots. Fold the cucumber strips until you have created a tree shape and place them carefully on the cocktail stick.
- Secure your tree with the pepper star on the top.
- Your Cucumber Christmas Trees are ready to be eaten or displayed.