I wanted to create a recipe which would capture the flavours of Christmas, use seasonal produce and was also eye-catching so I came up with this beautiful Christmas Wreath.
- Roasted chestnuts
- Shredded white cabbage
- Cooked Beetroot
- Low fat-natural yoghurt
- Reduced-fat mayonnaise
- Black pepper
- Ground nutmeg
- To make the dip, boil, steam or roast the celeriac until cooked. Drain and mash. Add 1-2tbsp of yoghurt and 1-2tbsp of mayonnaise depending on the size of the celeriac. Add plenty of black pepper and a pinch of ground nutmeg to taste.
- To make the carrot Christmas trees, cut the carrot lengthways into thick slices and cut out a Christmas tree shape.
- To make a beetroot star, cut the beetroot into thick slices and either use a cutter to make the star shape or use a knife.
- Arrange your veg and chestnuts on a plate in a design of your choice or follow my suggestion.
- To serve, dip the veg and chestnuts into the dip.
- You can use any other veg of your choice.