To celebrate Star Wars Day always held on May the Fourth for obvious reasons, I have created a Baby Yoda Open Sandwich. Baby Yoda or Grogu is a super popular character created for The Mandalorian and as every Star Wars fan knows, Grogu is essential to the saga and popular with all ages.
- Bread of your choice
- Ripe avocado
- Black olives
- Shape your pieces of bread to create 2 pointed ears and a rounded body.
- Mash the avocado and spread on the bread.
- Cut an olive in half to create the eyes and place on the bread.
- Cut part of an olive to create a smile.
- Place the eyes and mouth on the mashed avocado to create Baby Yoda.
You could also mix this with reduced-fat cream cheese for a variation on this recipe. If you don’t have avocado, mashed frozen or tinned peas would also work well.